Calling all high schoolers! Winter Camp 2017 is MERE-ly around the corner. Pack your bags and get ready to ascend the mountain!
This year’s camp theme is called MERE: Christianity Made Simple. Life can be so complicated and we tend to make our discipleship to Christ complicated as well. Therefore, the goal of this camp is to get back to the heart of the gospel and the calling God has on our lives. We will do this by looking at the three “greatest” passages in the New Testament:
The Two Great Commandments:
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:36-40).
The Great Commission:
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:18–20).
This camp will feature powerful teaching from God’s Word and music from the Activate Worship Band. The weekend will also be full of fun days in the snow (weather permitting), games, and small group activities where you’ll be able to meet new people your age! Here are some other details you need to know:
- Balances are due Wednesday, February 8. If you haven’t turned yours in, please do so ASAP and, also, turn in your release form because you can’t go to camp without
- You must provide your own transportation to and from camp! (See the map on the back page). Depending on the weather, please keep in mind that snow chains may be
- Check-in: Friday, February 10 from 4:00 PM to 5:45 PM. Dinner will start at 6:00 PM (you may check in later if necessary).
- Check-out: Sunday, February 12 from 12:00 PM to 1:00
- A few things you will need for the weekend: Bible, sleeping bag or bedding, towels for bathing, toiletries, heavy jacket, warm shoes, flashlight, and cash for the snack bar. When choosing your clothes, keep in mind the dress code, and dress
- Contact phone number for emergencies only:
Our prayer and desire is to serve you and to build Christ-centered relationships! We are confident that you are going to meet new people, build stronger friendships, and make lasting memories. But most importantly, you are going to learn how loving God, loving others, and making disciples is the MERE essence of your Christianity.