The truths of Christianity are attacked viciously in secular schools and mocked by many in our culture today. Universities teach that Jesus’ resurrection is a myth, that the world began without a Creator and that Christian morality is out-of-date. Students often struggle to respond to these assertions, and instead of “being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks” (1 Peter 3:15), many Christians find themselves unable to withstand the constant objections to their faith.
At Activate, we are beginning a new series called “Contend,” which will aim to equip our students to stand up to those who oppose Christianity. Jude tells us “to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3), and this series will help us to do that. Every night we will have a message on a specific topic followed by a Q&A portion, where anyone can ask about what was said.
Not only will this be great time of learning for Christians, but it is a great opportunity to bring out skeptical or non-believing friends to hear answers to some of the most controversial and difficult questions.
Listed below are the dates of each topic that will be covered:
- April 29 – Does God really exist?
- May 6 – Is the Bible actually from God?
- May 13 – Aren’t there problems in the Bible?
- May 20 – Is God anti-gay?
- May 27 – Isn’t the Big Band and evolution the best explanation for our existence?
- June 3 – Was Jesus a real person?
- June 10 – Why is there suffering?
- June 17 – What is the meaning of life?
- June 24 – What about other religions?
- July 1 – Aliens, Marijuana, Alcohol, and every other random thing you’ve thought.
We need to have answers for those who ask. We need to defend the truth against the lies of this world. We need to contend. Join us every Wednesday at 7pm in the Loft at Harvest Riverside.
Save these graphics and post them on your social media!