Help share the love of Jesus by blessing children around the world with Christmas shoe boxes! As a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, Operation Christmas Child distributes millions of Christmas gifts for children in need every year. And the Activate High School Ministry is going to participate in this great mission of sharing and showing the gospel by hosting a giving campaign. From October 30 – November 22, Activate is going to have an “item of the week” for everyone to bring to service. The gifts will be kept in large Christmas-wrapped boxes, and once all of the gifts are collected, we will have a giant packaging party on November 22 where we will organize and pack all of the items into the shoe boxes. Since this night is the Friday before Thanksgiving, we will celebrate Thanksgiving together by having coffee and dessert, and we’ll show our thankfulness as we pack and pray for the shoe boxes.
Please join us in this mission! Be creative and pull your resources together. Ask friends and family to help donate; promote through social networking; have a yard sale and raise money; sacrifice something every week (like Starbucks or new clothes) and use that money for gifts; and of course, go to the store and buy the items! Bring gifts every week, and let’s bless children around the world in the name of Jesus!
Please shop for the following items for boys or girls, ages 10-14, and bring them to Activate on these nights:
- October 30 – Toys: Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, stickers, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), slinky, etc.
- November 6 – School Supplies: Pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- November 13 – Hygiene Items: Toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap (in a plastic bag), brush, comb, washcloth, etc.
- November 20 – Clothes & Accessories: T-shirts, socks, hats, beanies, gloves, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, purses, wallets, flashlights (with extra batteries), gum and hard candy (in a plastic bag), etc.
- November 22 – Thanksgiving Packaging Party: Please bring $5 to cover the costs of shipping the boxes, dessert, coffee, and activities.
Click this image to print/save the flyer.
*DO NOT INCLUDE:
– used or damaged items
– aerosol cans
– chocolate or food
– out-of-date candy
– liquids or lotions
– medications or vitamins
– breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers
-war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures
Promote the Activate OCC giving campaign through social media!
Watch the video below to see how Operation Christmas Child works!