You probably just got accustomed to the new school year, but believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner! And we all know what that means—times are going to get busy! The school vacations, feasting during Thanksgiving and the planning of Christmas will definitely make this month hectic, so we want to make sure that you pencil-in the following important dates and information on your calendar:
- 11/8: No SWAT (Marriage Conference)
- 11/22: Thanksgiving Packing Party
- 11/27: Activate Thanksgiving Service
- 11/29: No SWAT
As Thanksgiving approaches this month, we want to say just how thankful we are for the students and parents at Activate. We are thankful for the work that the Lord is doing in and through our students. We saw the fruit of this work through Uprising, the youth outreach that was hosted by Activate and Crux youth ministries in October. We saw 850 young people in attendance and 145 students made commitments to Christ. This was the result of the hard work of our students praying for, inviting, and bringing their friends, classmates, and neighbors. Thank you for your support of Uprising!
In addition to our students reaching out with the gospel to meet the spiritual needs of students in our community, we now have the opportunity to reach out to children all over the world! In order to cultivate a Christ-centered mentality during the holiday season—the mindset that believes “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35)—we are collecting items for Operation Christmas Child. Let’s pull our resources together and bless children around the world in the name of Jesus! Here is the schedule of the “Item of the Week” to bring to Activate!
Please shop for the following items for boys or girls, ages 10-14, and bring them to Activate on these nights:
- November 6 – School Supplies: Pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- November 13 – Hygiene Items: Toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap (in a plastic bag), brush, comb, washcloth, etc.
- November 20 – Clothes & Accessories: T-shirts, socks, hats, beanies, gloves, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, purses, wallets, flashlights (with extra batteries), gum and hard candy (in a plastic bag), etc.
- November 22 – Thanksgiving Packaging Party: Please bring $5 to cover the costs of shipping the boxes, dessert, coffee, and activities.
As always, we want to serve you and make ourselves available to you. For current updates and announcements, “like” us on Facebook and visit our website at www.activatehighschool.com. If you have any questions or needs, we would love to talk or meet with you. Please contact us at 951.687.6902 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Activate High School Ministry Staff