Summer break is quickly coming to an end and you’ll be back in school soon! So, to help you take advantage of the last days of summer break and to help jumpstart your school year, we have a lot planned at Activate for August!
August 5-14: Haiti Mission Trip
- Please pray for the 22 students and leaders from Activate High School and Crux Jr. High as they seek to serve the cities and strengthen the churches of Haiti that were devastated by the earthquakes in 2010.
August 6: Beach, BBQ, Bonfire
- Join us for our last beach trip of the summer at Balboa Beach! We’ll meet at Harvest at 10:00am, and return at 10:30pm. The cost is $10 and you need an Activate release form.
August 17: Activate Car Wash and Pancake Breakfast
- Help send a high school student to camp! You can purchase tickets for a car wash ($5), pancake breakfast ($4), or a combo ($7)!
August 22-25: SWAT Anaheim
- Please pray for the SWAT Team as we hit the beaches and malls of SoCal and invite people to the Harvest Crusade and share the gospel!
August 30-September 2: Exchanged: Summer Camp
- Make sure you sign up for camp soon! Click here to register online.
Exchanged: Summer Camp
“They exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever” (Romans 1:25).
Summer camp is finally here! This year’s theme is Exchanged. Our culture is dominated by people who have denied God’s Word and have exchanged the truth for a lie. This camp is designed to reverse our exchange of the truth and cause us to see God as He truly is, as the Creator who is worthy of all worship. There will be encouraging and challenging teaching from God’s Word and music from special guest artist, The Ambassador, as well as the Activate Worship Band. In addition to powerful worship services, this weekend in the mountains will be a great opportunity to meet new friends and have fun on the lake. The cost is $165 per student, and you can sign up online, on the patio Sunday morning, or at any of our Activate service. You don’t want to miss out!
If you didn’t notice, we have a pretty crazy schedule with the Anaheim Crusade, Summer Camp, and Harvest America in Philadelphia! We know, you’re thinking, Cha-ching! We want everyone to be involved in all that the Lord is doing, and we don’t want money keep you back. If you are interested in raising money for Camp, please contact us to get involved with the several fundraising opportunities that are available. If you would like to support and sponsor students for Camp, we are having a Car Wash and French Toast Breakfast Fundraiser on Saturday, August 17, from 8:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. in the back parking lot of Harvest Riverside. If you have sold tickets, it is mandatory for you to come and help at the car wash and breakfast, so show up at 8:00am in the back parking lot!
We want to reach students and stay connected with parents as much as possible. So, make sure you check out all of Activate’s social media profiles:
- Website: activatehighschool.com offers the most information about our ministry. Through this site, you can access all of our announcements, sermons, daily devotions, and blog posts. Make sure you check out our most recent blogs, “The Cure for Condemnation,” “Justification vs. Sanctification,” and “The Glory of God: Our Spiritual Act of Worship.”
- Facebook: “Like” us and “share” posts and pictures!
- Twitter: Follow us and “Retweet” to share with friends!
- Instagram: Follow us and use #activatehs on all of your pictures at Activate!
- iTunes: Take our sermons with you and listen on your phone, iPod, or computer! Listen to our current series in James, “Authentic Christianity,” with messages like “Identity Crisis” and “Growing Pains: Trials and Temptations,” and check out the apologetics series from last month, “Contend.”
As always, we want to serve you and make ourselves available to you. If you have any questions or needs, we would love to talk or meet with you. Please contact us at 951.687.6902 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Activate High School Ministry Staff