We all know the excitement and anticipation of Christmas morning—the smell of breakfast, the feel of cold air, the sound of wrapping paper. This is something that everyone looks forward to on December 25th, but why wait that long? This year, Activate is hosting our annual Christmas dinner with the theme, “Christmas Morning.” It will be complete with breakfast for dinner, pajamas and lots of prizes to unwrap.
The dinner is free, but raffle tickets cost $1 each (or $5 for 7 tickets). The more you buy, the more chances you have of winning one of our grand prizes, including a free Winter Camp and an iPad Mini. You know you’ve always wanted to wear your onesie to church, so grab your pajamas and invite your friends to this free and festive event! Unlike the socks you got that one sad Christmas morning, this party will not disappoint! And best of all, we get to celebrate the coming of our Savior!
- When: Wednesday night, December 17th at 7pm.
- Where: The Loft
- Cost: FREE!
- Attire: Pajamas
RSVP and invite your friends on our Facebook Event Page!
Everything truly is bigger in Texas. The buildings, churches, food, and bug bites are all big. But the harvest is also bigger in Texas! We saw the Lord do amazing things at Harvest America, as 20,000 people attended the live event in Dallas, and 1,102 people made professions of faith. With the event broadcasted around the country, over 100,000 people joined in live attendance at host venues, with about 3,500 professions of faith. That is amazing!
As always, the SWAT Team joined the Harvest Crusade with an army of students to pass out invitations and to share the gospel through street evangelism. And we did just that in Dallas! We passed out thousands of invitations, and personally prayed with 53 people to receive Christ as Lord and Savior. Students took steps of faith, raised a ton of money to travel to Dallas, engaged in many spiritual conversations, and the Lord was glorified! Some planted seeds, others watered seeds, and God gave the increase. It surely was an abundant harvest, both at Harvest America and with the SWAT Team!
And, we had a ton of fun as we ate amazing Texas BBQ and adventured around at the Texas State Fair. It was awesome, y’all!
Read all about our trip from these news articles with student testimonies! Big thanks to the Christian Post and the Christian Examiner for writing about our SWAT Trip!
Here it from the students themselves. Here are two testimonies about our trip:
“Sharing the gospel in Dallas is similar to sharing the gospel in southern California, but with some new challenges presented. The location obviously is different, and the people have an array of different personalities. Even so, the saving power of the gospel always reaches across barriers that are set up, and God was able to reveal himself to several people that we shared our faith with. One conversation in particular that I had with a kid from west Dallas really helped me understand the spiritual state of much of the youth of Dallas. He explained that one of the things that turns him off from Christianity is that so many people profess to follow Christ, yet deny him with their actions. I realized that God had used us as representatives for him by our actions more than our words.” Josh, 17
“Coming to Dallas was one of the greatest experiences for me! One of my absolute favorite things to do is encourage young girls in their faith and answer questions that they might have about God. This trip I had the privilege to encourage this sweet young girl in her faith and really just remind her that God loves her no matter what and that He will never leave or forsake her, even when it feels like He isn’t there. I got to pray with her and just love on her the way Jesus would; it was such a sweet moment for both of us. Encouraging people and reminding them of God’s wonderful promises definitely helps me grow in my knowledge and love for the Lord. There’s nothing I’d rather do than share my faith and let people know about God’s wonderful love. It’s such a blessing to me and the person I’m sharing with.” Maria, 16
“The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.”
At Summer Camp, we grew stronger together! Hundreds of students gained momentum to move forward in their faith as they heard awesome Bible studies from God’s Word and spent time together in discussion groups and free time. We heard about the temptations that will hinder our momentum, how we are to gain momentum together as the church, and how we gain the most momentum when God is our BAE (before anyone else). As always, free time was a blast, and the Olympics were competitive and fun! The guys stole the show in amateur hour, again. And, we heard a lot of great music from Stellar Kart, and had awesome times of worship with the Activate band. We are already looking forward to Winter Camp!
Let’s keep the momentum going on Wednesday nights at Activate, where we worship together and fellowship in community groups! If you’re not in a community group, you can sign up for one! See you there!
Camp is almost here! Check out the CAMP LETTER AND MAP for all of the details!
ATTENTION: Stop everything you’re doing and get ready because Summer Camp is almost here!
You are reading this letter because you have decided to make a spiritual investment in your life by going to Activate High School Summer Camp! The theme of this camp is Momentum: The Righteous Move Forward.
Many young people are without direction, lacking the necessary motivation to move forward in life. But God is calling his people out of apathy and into action. As Job 17:9 says, we’re able to press on and advance, despite our circumstances and the world around us: “The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.”
There will be encouraging and challenging teaching from God’s Word and music from special guest artist, Stellar Kart, as well as the Activate Worship Band. In addition to powerful worship services, this weekend in the mountains will be a great opportunity to meet new friends and have fun on the lake. It’s going to be an awesome weekend spending time with the Lord and other people your age! Here are some details that you need to know:
• Balances are due on Wednesday, August 27. If you haven’t turned them in, please do so A.S.A.P. and also turn in your release form because you can’t go to camp without it.
• You must provide your own transportation to and from camp. See the map on the back of this page for directions.
– Check-in: Friday, August 29th from 4pm – 5:30pm. Dinner will start at 6:00pm, but you may check in later if necessary.
– Check-out: Monday, September 1st from 12pm – 1pm.
• A few things you will need for the weekend: a Bible, sleeping bag or bedding, towels for bathing, toiletries, sweatshirt or jacket, shoes, flashlight, swimsuit, and cash for the snack bar.
• When choosing your clothes, keep in mind the dress code, and dress modestly. Girls, no spaghetti strap shirts, short skirts, daisy dukes, or 2-piece bathing suits without a shirt; Guys, no Speedos (for all our sake)!
• Contact phone number FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY: 951.840.0848
Our prayer and desire is to serve you at this camp, and we promise that you are going to have a blast! You are going to meet new people, build stronger friendships, and make lasting memories. But most importantly, you are going to move forward in your relationship with the Lord!
God bless you,
Pastor Jason Powell and the High School Staff
Many young people are without direction, lacking the necessary motivation to move forward in life. But God is calling his people out of apathy and into action. The theme of this year’s summer camp is Momentum: The Righteous Move Forward. As Job 17:9 says, we’re able to press on and advance, despite our circumstances and the world around us: “The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.”
There will be encouraging and challenging teaching from God’s Word and music from special guest artists Stellar Kart, as well as the Activate Worship Band. In addition to powerful worship services, this weekend in the mountains will be a great opportunity to meet new friends and have fun on the lake. You can sign up online, on the patio Sunday morning, or at any of our Activate services. Don’t miss out!
Click here for: CAMP LETTER AND MAP
When: August 29 – September 1, 2014
Where: Calvary Chapel Christian Camp (32355 Green Valley Lake Rd. Green Valley Lake, CA 92341)
Registration: You can register at any of our services, on the Patio on Sunday mornings and nights, or online.
Fundraising Opportunities: We have several ways that you can raise money for camp. You can do drink sales on Sunday morning and sell car wash tickets. Please see us at the info booth after one of our services.
Not sure what camp is like? Check out pictures from last summer camp by clicking here!
If you haven’t noticed, guys and girls are different. But, there has never been a time in history when the culture was more confused about those differences. Although the world has redefined what it means to be a man or a woman, God has clearly revealed His perfect design for us. Starting May 28th, Activate High School ministry will be launching a series called “Staches and Lashes,” to define manhood and womanhood as God designed them to be. Also, our community groups will be reading through books this summer that cover similar topics. Join us on Wednesday nights at 7 P.M. in the Loft and visit activatehighschool.com for more information!
SHARE THESE GRAPHICS ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND INSTAGRAM!
Young people desire community. They join sports teams, clubs, and social networks and form friendships based on common interests. At Activate, we want students to be in community with one another based on the greatest of interests: knowing God and making Him known. Every Wednesday before Bible study, students meet in Community Groups from 6:15P.M. to 6:45 P.M. for the purpose of discipleship, fellowship, and accountability. Each group is gender-specific and is led by a college-aged counselor. These groups provide a great environment to develop and deepen godly friendships.
In order to take advantage of the free time that the summer season offers, the High School Community Groups will read through a book as a ministry! This summer, we are going to focus on the topic of biblical manhood and biblical womanhood—what does it mean to be a man or woman of God? We’re really excited about the reading and the topics, and they will produce a lot of helpful discussion. If you would like to join a community group, please contact us at 951.687.6902 or email us at email@example.com
Here are the books we are going to read:
- Guys: The Dude’s Guide to Manhood: Finding true manliness in a World of Counterfeits by Darrin Patrick.
- Girls: A Young Woman After God’s Own Heart: A Teen’s Guide to Friends, Faith, Family, and the Future by Elizabeth George.
Pick up your book at Activate for a discounted price of $10.
- May 21 – 28: Ch. 1 – A Heart Devoted to God
- May 29 – June 4: Ch. 2 – A Heart That Loves God’s Word
- June 5 – 11: Chs. 3, 4 – A Heart Committed to Prayer, Part 1&2
- June 12 – 18: Ch. 5 – A Heart That Obeys
- June 19 – 25: Chs. 6, 7 – A Heart That Submits, Part 1&2
- June 26 – July 2: Ch. 8 – A Heart That Loves
- July 3 – 9: Ch. 9 – A Heart That Cares
- July 10 – 16: Ch. 10 – A Heart That Chooses Wisely
- July 17 – 23: Ch. 11 – A Heart That Is Loyal
- July 24 – 30: Ch. 12 – A Heart That Grows
- July 31 – August 6: Ch. 13 – A Heart That Serves
- August 7 – 13: Ch. 14 – A Heart Marked by Purity
- August 14 – 20: Ch. 15 – A Heart That Belongs to God
- May 21 – 28: Ch. 1 – Get It Done: Become a Determined Man
- May 29 – June 4: Ch. 2 – Pay Attention and Learn Something: Become a Coachable Man
- June 5 – 11: Ch. 3 – Train, Just Don’t Try: Become a Disciplined Man
- June 12 – 18: Ch. 4 – Love Your Work: Become a Working Man
- June 19 – 25: Ch. 5 – Get Satisfaction: Become a Content Man
- June 26 – July 2: Ch. 6 – Love a Woman: Become a Devoted Man
- July 3 – 9: Ch. 7 – Love Kids: Become a Family Man
- July 10 – 16: Ch. 8 – Say, “I Love You, Man”: The Connected Man
- July 17 – 23: Ch. 9 – Feel Something Without Crying at Everything: The Emotional Man
- July 24 – 30: Ch. 10 – Find the Right Arena: The Fighting Man
- July 31 – August 6: Ch. 11 – Get What You Want: The Heroic Man
- August 7 – 13: Ch. 12 – Living as the Forgiven Man